- EL PASO-LAS CRUCES
- SANTA FE
Dirk Murchison is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law & Personal Injury Trial Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed in New Mexico and Texas. From 1974 to 2001, he tried over 125 cases to jury verdict as lead counsel.
Since 2001 his practice has been limited to arbitration and mediation with emphasis on catastrophic personal injury, complex commercial and sexual abuse cases.
In 2015–2016, Dirk Murchison successfully mediated the highly publicized Gallup NM – AZ Catholic Diocese sexual abuse case (156 claimants). In his career he has mediated or arbitrated over 1300 cases, including over 300 clergy sexual abuse claims successfully mediated.
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Religious Institutions
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
Dirk Murchison earned his BBA in Finance from Texas Tech University in 1971 and his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1974.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow - American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America - Arbitration & Mediation 2012 Texas Lawyer of the Year - 1 of 4 Selected
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Law Firms - Tier 1 Ranking - Arbitration and Mediation
- Diplomate - American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Super Lawyer - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Southwest Super Lawyer - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent - Rated Since 1985
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals